Home > Colorado Accident Reports

Colorado Accident Report Lookup

Request A Colorado Crash Report Online

When a traffic accident occurs in Colorado, two different forms may be filled out to report the accident. If a police officer was called to the scene to obtain all the needed information, they will fill out a DR3447 (Traffic Crash Report Form) and you don’t need to file a report yourself. However, if there was not a police officer present at the scene, you can file an accident report online using their online accident reporting system within less than 60 days of the accident. These are the processes in place for the entire state Colorado, regardless of what county or city your accident is in.

CR3 report image

DR3447: State of Colorado Traffic Crash Report Form

An Colorado accident or crash report is officially titled as "DR3447: State of Colorado Traffic Crash Report Form". It is used by law enforcement officers in Colorado to report traffic crashes to the Department of Public Safety. The details in the report are recorded by the officer who attended the scene of the accident.

Find My Report For Me

How do I find my accident report in Colorado?

There are two different types of requests that you can make for accident reports in Colorado as outlined below:

Driver Record Requestor Release and Affidavit of Intended Use (Form DR2489)

To obtain a copy of an accident report you were involved in you need to complete form DR2489 (Requestor Release and Affidavit of Intended Use) and pay the required fee of $9 (plus $1 optional if you want it to be a certified record). When requesting this report, keep in mind that you ended to allow 90 days for receipt of the accident report by law enforcement agency and to be data entered into the driver license system. The department maintains accident reports for seven years.

Basic State of Colorado Crash Report

There is also a basic crash report that doesn’t include witness statements, digital media, or other crash investigation elements. The basic crash report can be requested online and there is a $5 fee to obtain one.

To complete the online request form, you will need the following information:

  • Case number
  • Date/Location of Crash
  • Involved Party Name(s)

Alternatively, you can fill out a request form CSP 402 and send it to Colorado State Patrol at [email protected] or you may mail it in, along with payment to the Colorado State Patrol Central Records Unit 700 Kipling St., Lakewood Colorado. You can also fax the request and payment form to 303-239-4347. The fee is $5 for up to 10 pages and the price goes up for 11 or more pages as outlined on the form.

City image

Looking for a specific Colorado county or city?

Client Testimonials

Jolene Fussell
star star star star star
Great service, will use again. Straight forward questions, quick reply and prompt solution provided. Positive customer experience. Thank you.
Erica Deforrest
star star star star star
Very good interaction with a representative who will let me know if a report was made.
Brenda Daniels
star star star star star
I had a misfortune and contacted Although I wasn't involved in the accident, the accident affected me. However the agents of this organization were so quick and helpful it made me feel so much better to know someone knows what they are doing. has a 4.6 rating and a total of 401 reviews.